WHO DOES THIS “GUY” THINK HE IS?
The only thing I was fit for was to be a writer, and this notion rested solely on my suspicion that I would never be fit for real work, and that writing didn’t require any.
Guy LeCharles Gonzalez is an old/new media pragmatist. Sometimes loud, formerly poet, always opinionated.
Professionally, he’s worked in the publishing industry for over 20 years and is currently the Director, Content Strategy & Audience Development for Media Source, Inc.’s Library Journals, LLC, and was the founding Director of Programming & Business Development for Digital Book World. He’s also the co-founder The louderARTS Project, a published poet and journalist, and former National Poetry Slam champion.
Personally, he’s a father, husband, writer, reader, poet, gamer, long-suffering NY Mets and Jets fan, recent Red Bulls convert, and prefers IPAs and bourbon above all others.
He can be rather outspoken at times and does not suffer fools gladly, so nothing on this site is meant to be representative of his employers — past, present or future.
You can also find him on Twitter, LinkedIn, Goodreads, Untappd, Endomondo, among other places, online and in real life. (Facebook is for real-life family and friends, so don’t be offended if your friend request is ignored.)
NOTE: “Guy” is pronounced like “guillotine”, not “guidance”.
HOW DO I CONTACT THIS GUY?
WHAT’S THIS “LOUDPOET” NONSENSE?
loudpoet.com is Command Central for everything and anything that catches Guy’s fancy, currently an enthusiasm for Old and New Media with a publishing and marketing slant, and the occasional dash of poetry and pop culture.
Guy LeCharles Gonzalez has worked in publishing for over 20 years, in a variety of roles:
- Circulation Assistant & Fulfillment Manager, Poets & Writers (1997-1998)
- Membership Manager, The Academy of American Poets (1998-1999)
- Advertising Sales Director, Writer’s Digest, Horticulture, Family Tree Magazine (2007-2008)
- Publisher, Horticulture (2008-2009)
- Director of Programming & Business Development, Digital Book World (2009-2011)
- Director, Content Strategy & Audience Development, Library Journals, LLC / Media Source, Inc. (2011-Present)
Also of note…
- Army Veteran: SPC, 63B1P – 2/5th SFG(A), Ft. Campbell, KY (1991-1993)
- Host, Nuyorican Poets Café’s Open Room (1997-1998)
- Member of Nuyorican Poets Café’s National Poetry Slam Championship Team (1998)
- Founder, curator and host of a little bit louder/louderARTS (1998-2001)
- Board Member (Voting), Executive Council, Poetry Slam, Inc. (2001)
- Co-author of Burning Down the House (Soft Skull Press, 2000)
- Contributing Editor for PopCultureShock.com (2005-2007)
- Founder, Publisher and Editor-in-Chief of Spindle Magazine (2007-2009)
- Artistic Director, The louderARTS Project, New York, NY (2013-Present)
“Go with what is. Use what happens.” — Tom Piazza
“Be the change you want to see in the world.” –Mahatma Gandhi
“If you ask me what I came into this life to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud.” — Emile Zola
“Do, or do not. There is no ‘try.'” –Jedi Master Yoda