WHO DOES THIS “GUY” THINK HE IS?
Guy LeCharles Gonzalez is an old/new media pragmatist. Sometimes loud, formerly poet, always opinionated. [As in “guillotine”…]
Professionally, he’s worked in the publishing industry for over 20 years and was most recently the Director, Content Strategy & Audience Development for Media Source, Inc.’s Library Journals, LLC, and founding Director of Programming & Business Development for Digital Book World. He’s also a published poet and journalist, former National Poetry Slam champion, and the co-founder The louderARTS Project.
Personally, he’s a father, husband, writer, reader, poet, gamer, runner, long-suffering NY Mets fan, and recent soccer convert via World Cup 2014 (USWNT, New York Red Bulls, Leicester City, Tottenham), who prefers IPAs and good Bourbon above all others, although a Malbec will do in a pinch.
He can be rather outspoken at times and does not suffer fools gladly, so nothing on this site is meant to be representative of his employers — past, present or future.
You can also find him on Twitter, LinkedIn, Endomondo, among other places, online and in real life. (Facebook is for real-life family and friends, so don’t be offended if your friend request is ignored.)
- “Go with what is. Use what happens.” — Tom Piazza
- “I was made for the library, not the classroom.” — Ta-Nehisi Coates
- “Be the change you want to see in the world.” –Mahatma Gandhi
- “If you ask me what I came into this life to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud.” — Emile Zola
- “Do, or do not. There is no ‘try.'” –Master Yoda
HOW DO I CONTACT THIS GUY?