Markets once were places where producers and customers met face-to-face and engaged in conversations based on shared interests. Now business-as-usual is engaged in a grinding war of attrition with its markets. No wonder marketing fails…
Before you start thinking about launching a new website, investing in new technology, or pivoting to the latest new shiny business model—you need to know who you’re trying to reach and engage, what you want them to do, and what your benchmarks for success are. Without those clearly defined first, you’re wasting time and money on a hunch, at best, and potentially falling further behind the curve.
Free Verse Media is a strategic marketing consultancy offering actionable solutions for businesses and brands who want to engage audiences across multiple platforms more effectively—in alignment with specific business goals and key performance metrics.
NOTE: I AM NOT CURRENTLY TAKING ON CLIENTS BUT AM STILL OPEN FOR INITIAL CONVERSATIONS WHICH MAY LEAD ME TO CONNECTING YOU TO SOMEONE ELSE.
- Audience Development: From finding and engaging the right audience(s) wherever they are, to funneling them back to owned & operated platforms for unique journeys aligned with their needs—optimized for conversion—an effective audience development strategy is the foundation of any successful and sustainable business.
- Content Strategy: Good content starts with understanding your audience’s needs and addressing them with a distinct voice that builds trust and credibility. An effective content strategy supports the development of products and services that help your audience(s) achieve their goals, some of which they’re willing to pay you for.
- Email Acquisition & Engagement: Email is not dead, and never was. In fact, email remains one of the most effective and profitable channels—and one of the most important aspects of a fully integrated marketing strategy—if you do it right.
- Integrated Marketing: Marketing has become increasingly fragmented with many critical functions siloed from one another, limiting their overall effectiveness. An integrated marketing strategy establishes a stable foundation aligned with business goals, ensuring a consistent message across all channels while enabling more rigorous measurement and reporting, and maximizing return on investment.
- Project Management: Establishing a sound strategic plan and building an internal team that’s ready to execute on their respective roles is the first step towards achieving your business goals—having a dedicated resource to coordinate and guide those efforts, ensuring the plan comes together and actually meets those goals is the next step.
Guy LeCharles Gonzalez is an entrepreneurial media and marketing professional with B2B, consumer, and nonprofit experience in audience development; content strategy; event programming; and email, search, and social marketing.
If you’re ready to stop winging it and take a more strategic approach to your marketing efforts, let’s start with a free 30-minute conversation about your audience and your goals. (And if you need more context, check out my resume and references.)