Markets once were places where producers and customers met face-to-face and engaged in conversations based on shared interests. Now business-as-usual is engaged in a grinding war of attrition with its markets. No wonder marketing fails…
Before you start thinking about launching a new website, investing in new technology, or pivoting to the latest new shiny business model—you need to know who you’re trying to reach and engage, what you want them to do, and what your benchmarks for success are. Without those clearly defined first, you’re wasting time and money on a hunch, at best, and potentially falling further behind the curve.
Free Verse Media is a strategic marketing consultancy offering actionable solutions for businesses and brands who want to engage audiences across multiple platforms more effectively—in alignment with specific business goals and key performance metrics.
NOTE: I AM NOT CURRENTLY TAKING ON CLIENTS BUT AM STILL OPEN FOR INITIAL CONVERSATIONS WHICH MAY LEAD ME TO CONNECTING YOU TO SOMEONE ELSE.
- Audience Development: From finding and engaging the right audience(s) wherever they are, to funneling them back to owned & operated platforms for unique journeys aligned with their needs—optimized for conversion—an effective audience development strategy is the foundation of any successful and sustainable business.
- Content Strategy: Good content starts with understanding your audience’s needs and addressing them with a distinct voice that builds trust and credibility. An effective content strategy supports the development of products and services that help your audience(s) achieve their goals, some of which they’re willing to pay you for.
- Email Acquisition & Engagement: Email is not dead, and never was. In fact, email remains one of the most effective and profitable channels—and one of the most important aspects of a fully integrated marketing strategy—if you do it right.
- Integrated Marketing: Marketing has become increasingly fragmented with many critical functions siloed from one another, limiting their overall effectiveness. An integrated marketing strategy establishes a stable foundation aligned with business goals, ensuring a consistent message across all channels while enabling more rigorous measurement and reporting, and maximizing return on investment.
- Project Management: Establishing a sound strategic plan and building an internal team that’s ready to execute on their respective roles is the first step towards achieving your business goals—having a dedicated resource to coordinate and guide those efforts, ensuring the plan comes together and actually meets those goals is the next step.
Guy LeCharles Gonzalez is an entrepreneurial media and marketing professional with 25+ years’ consumer and B2B experience in audience development, content strategy, community engagement, and email, search and social marketing. Skilled at building strong relationships with communities, colleagues, and clients, he’s a proven leader respected for fostering productive team environments and getting results within organizations in the midst of transformation and disruption.
If you’re ready to stop winging it and take a more strategic approach to your marketing efforts, let’s start with a free 30-minute conversation about your audience and your goals. (And if you need more convincing, keep scrolling…)
“During the four (4) years Guy and I worked together at Media Source, we collaborated to develop a multi-year strategic plan designed to provide a clear mission to the entire team and to get buy-in from executive management and the Board (private-equity owned). We successfully transacted two (2) times in four (4) years, and Guy’s efforts and contributions were key to our success. Guy possesses the rare ability to ‘see’ a vision, but also implement it through operational execution.”
—Ian Singer, GM, Credo Reference – Infobase Holdings, Credo Reference
“Guy has a unique, nuanced understanding of content, which is very special. Combined with his understanding of marketing and distribution, he worked effectively across teams to guide diverse perspectives toward larger goals. At the same time, he is not afraid to roll up his sleeves and refine copy or cut video. Given his integrity, Guy is a provocateur—in the best way.”
—Kathy Ishizuka, Executive Editor, School Library Journal
“Guy is one of the best media and marketing people I have ever worked with in publishing. He is the guy that no matter what you send to him, it comes back better than you could have imagined. We built a start up venture project together that overcame many obstacles and required new thinking, but experienced execution. He brought both and is just a fun and nice person to work along side.”
—Mitchell Davis, Founder & CEO, BiblioBoard
“Guy is one of the brightest minds I know in the changing world of publishing. He is keenly aware of the forces that are transforming the media industry, and has real-world insight and ability to improve the businesses he works for. When he offers two cents on any issue, I’m always listening and often acting on it. He is also a passionate, articulate, and generous person, who works well in a team environment, but is also an incredible manager and leader of people—without a large ego attached.”
—Jane Friedman, Publishing Consultant and Writer
“Guy is an incredibly smart, passionate and professional business executive who has had a great history of creative and financial success at F+W Media. Guy has launched events, web businesses and run magazines … all with an eye on high quality, but also high profit and high margin.”
—David Nussbaum, Chairman & CEO at America’s Test Kitchen