WHO DOES THIS “GUY” THINK HE IS?
Guy [as in “guillotine”…] LeCharles Gonzalez is an old/new media pragmatist. Sometimes loud, formerly poet, always opinionated.
He has worked in the media business for over 25 years, and is currently the Chief Content Officer for LibraryPass. Previously, he was the project lead for the Panorama Project; publisher & marketing director for Writer’s Digest; director, content strategy & audience development for Library Journal & School Library Journal; and founding director of programming & business development for Digital Book World. YHe’s also a published poet and sporadic journalist; former National Poetry Slam champion (representing the Nuyorican poets Café); and co-founder of a little bit louder / The louderARTS Project. RIP.
Personally, he’s a father, husband, writer, reader, gamer, runner and soccer fan, who prefers a good Bourbon, porters, or sours above all others—although a nice Malbec will do in a pinch.
He can be rather outspoken at times and does not suffer fools gladly, so nothing on this site is meant to be representative of his employers or clients — past, present or future.
- “Go with what is. Use what happens.” — Tom Piazza
- “I was made for the library, not the classroom.” — Ta-Nehisi Coates
- “Be the change you want to see in the world.” –Mahatma Gandhi
- “If you ask me what I came into this life to do, I will tell you: I came to live out loud.” — Emile Zola
- “Do, or do not. There is no ‘try.'” –Master Yoda