Guy LeCharles Gonzalez
Experienced marketing professional with an entrepreneurial spirit and 20+ years’ experience in print and digital media, content strategy, audience development, and event programming. Skilled at building strong relationships with clients, colleagues, and communities, and a proven leader respected for fostering productive team environments and getting results. Generated creative solutions to challenging business objectives, including content marketing, audience development, community management, product development, and customer relationship management.
F+W Media, New York, NY
Fine Art | Writing | Design—Marketing Director (July 2017 – present)
Develop and implement integrated consumer marketing strategy for fine art, writing, and graphic design communities – including Artists Network, Writer’s Digest, and HOW Design – across all of platforms, including print, digital, education, and events.
Northstar Travel Group, Secaucus, NJ
Group Marketing Director (June 2016 – July 2017)
Develop and implement strategic and tactical plans to grow and support audience development and engagement of buyers and sellers in the meetings community for Northstar Meetings Group’s brands – Meetings & Conventions, Successful Meetings, Incentive, and Meeting News – across all of its platforms, including digital, data, events, and print.
The Reading Room, New York, NY
VP, Audience Development (Oct. 2015 – Mar. 2016)
Developed and executed multi-channel audience acquisition and engagement strategies, including SEO, SEM, and email marketing to optimize and re-engage large, inactive list. Analyze referral sources, conversion rates, and engagement activity to inform short and long-term product development recommendations. Work with Sales Director to diversify advertising products and revenue sources.
Library Journals, LLC (Media Source, Inc.), New York, NY
Director, Content Strategy & Audience Development (Mar. 2011 – Sept. 2015)
Conceived, implemented, and directed multi-platform content and audience development strategies for all Library Journals, LLC products and events, including circulation, online education, and sponsored content.
F+W Media, Inc., New York, NY
Digital Book World—Director, Programming & Business Development (Oct. 2009 – Mar. 2011)
Created, implemented and directed the strategy, growth and development of the Digital Book World (DBW) community, including the annual conference, online and in-person educational events and resources, content strategy and audience development.
- Horticulture—Publisher & Editorial Director (Oct. 2008 – Oct. 2009)
- Writer’s Digest / Family Tree / Horticulture—Advertising Sales Director (Mar. – Oct. 2008)
- Writer’s Digest—Advertising Sales Representative (Apr. 2007 – Mar. 2008)
SourceMedia, New York, NY
- Accountants Media Group—Advertising Sales Representative (Sept. 2006 – Mar. 2007)
- Investment Advisor Group / Accountants Media Group—Marketing Manager (Feb. 2003 – Mar. 2007)
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Audience Marketing Manager—Primedia (Intertec), New York, NY (Jan 01-Jan 02)
- Direct Marketing Consultant / Copywriter—Freelance, New York, NY (Jan 00-Dec 00)
- Membership Coordinator—The Academy of American Poets, New York, NY (Aug 98-Dec 99)
- Fulfillment Manager / Circulation Assistant—Poets & Writers, Inc., New York, NY (Mar 97 – Aug 98)
- Guest lecturer on digital marketing at NYU, City College, and CUNY Publishing Institute
- Panelist at Empire State Book Festival
- Panelist at South by Southwest
- Co-host, Moderator at Digital Book World
- Featured Performer at Austin International Poetry Festival
- Featured Performer at Connecticut Poetry Festival
- Featured Performer at National Poetry Slam
- Founder, Curator, and Host of a little bit louder reading series
- Host of The Open Room at the Nuyorican Poets Café
- DigitalBookWorld.com, 2009-2011
- Writer’s Digest, September 2010
- Folio:, May/June 2009
- Spoken Word Revolution, Redux (Sourcebooks Mediafusion, 2007)
- Burning Down the House (Soft Skull Press, 2000)
- Poets & Writers (1998, 1999)