1. There’s something about the concept of The Swan that really turns my stomach.
2. If George Huff isn’t in the top three of American Idol, America deserves a daily primetime version of The Swan.
3. Despite his accent, which is getting inexplicably stronger each week, I’m rooting for Boston Rob on Survivor: All Stars.
4. Anyone blaming Russell Simmons for “lowering the bar” in the slam scene via Def Poetry needs to do some soul-searching and question whether or not there’s a little latent racism to come to terms with.
5. Bad poetry sucks, regardless of its subject matter, approach or origin.
6. Anyone that chooses to take the stage and read a poem – whether on page or memorized, in a slam or open mic – has a bit of an ego.
7. I’ve never seen so many mullets in one place as I did yesterday at Shea Stadium.
8. I want to punch Quentin Tarantino dead in his face.
9. If Dubya is ever assassinated, I hope whomever does it is considerate enough to take out Cheney, too.
10. I throw stones because I don’t believe in glass houses.